- Have your gas furnace inspected at least once a year by your utility or licensed heating contractor. Some utilities offer this service for FREE.
- Replace or clean the furnace filter monthly or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Keep your thermostat at 68 degrees during the day and 55 or lower at night.
- If you need to heat a small area, consider using a portable space heater instead of your central furnace. Don't forget to unplug it when you leave the room or go to sleep.
- Insulate properly, caulk where needed, weatherstrip.
- Close window coverings at night to help keep heat indoors and open them during the day so the sun can warm your house.
Friday, November 4, 2011
Use these tips to save energy (and money), while staying warm: