Mother's Day is right around the corner and I have a list of gift ideas for you that also support local businesses, makers and venues.
1. You can NEVER go wrong with a candle. My locally-made favorites are Aura Candles and Oceanside Candle Company (available all over town including Metaphor Boutique in Vista, Eclectic Vintage Design and Sea Hive both in Oceanside. They both make beautifully scented soy candles with the very best ingredients.
2. Take Mom on a picnic at the beautiful Alta Vista Gardens in Vista. It's so serene and they have tables available for you to use.
3. Sign yourselves up for a makers class at Eclectic Vintage Design in Oceanside. They offer all kinds of crafting opportunities in a group setting. See website for schedules.
4. Grab a gift certificate from one of the many local shops that support local vendors and artisans. Some of my favorites are: Metaphor Boutique, Lotus Moon Market, Sea Hive, Eclectic Vintage Design, Lotus (formerly Leaping Lotus), The Artist Collective at The Succulent Cafe.
5. Take Mom to a show! Moonlight Amphitheatre and Moonlight Stage Productions have music and theatre options year-round and the setting is phenomenal!
6. Take Mom out to High Tea at my favorite tea spot, The Grand Tea Room in Escondido! It's fun to get a little dressed up (if you want), throw on a hat (if you want) and enjoy some of the yummiest and most extraordinary teas around! Louisa will take good care of you!
7. Take Mom out for a meal somewhere that is very quaint- my best suggestions are: Shorehouse Kitchen (Carlsbad),Claire's on Cedros in Solana Beach, The Veranda at Grand Traditions in Fallbrook, Myrtle Creek Botanical Gardens in Fallbrook, and Stratford Court and Flower Child (sit on the patio) in Del Mar and Decoy on beautiful Lake San Marcos.
8. Grab Mom a pampering gift certificate at Active Mobility Chiropractic Rehabilitation Group. Right now they have a gift card special that runs through May 11th, with special pricing just for moms. Choose from either a 50 minute massage for $49.50 (reg. $78) or a 50 minute massage, 30 minute stretch therapy and Chiropractic exam/treatment package all for $69.50 (reg. $230).
9. Take Mom on a Walking Food Tour with Carla and Linda's Walking Food Tours. These are so fun and you get to try food and drink from 4 local establishments. 4 routes to choose from- 3 in Oceanside and 1 in Vista. *Use code: barb at checkout to save $10 on each ticket!
10. This Mother’s Day weekend, experience the sweeter side of Oceanside. On
Saturday, May 11, from 2-5 p.m. treat Mom to dessert and beverage
pairings at Sweet Stops throughout Downtown Oceanside while you shop for
her and make her day. Bring the whole family to this new Eat & Shop
Local Oceanside Program tasting and shopping event with a discounted
family ticket and enjoy sidewalk chalk fun for the kiddos and sweets
while you walk. Tickets, at $20 per adult, $10 per child or $45 for a
family pack (for two adults and two kids), are available now at mainstreetoceanside.com
11. Say I love you with a sign from North County Yard Greetings. Lindy will help you find the perfect words to convey how you feel. So fun and different.
12. Do some shopping with local artisans this weekend at Artifact Vista! It's a vintage fair in downtown, historic Vista and showcases many talented vendors. Shop 10-4 on Sunday the 28th.
13. Take a mother/daughter yoga class at the fabulous Sugar Sweet Farm. Nothing brings you together more than sharing a laugh together. Such a fun, joyful class in a beautiful setting! *Use code: BARB20 at checkout and save 20% on your registration!
14. Take a cooking class together at Treehouse Kitchen. They have an eclectic variety of class offerings in an intimate atmosphere. Your hosts, Stan and Mary, are the GREATEST!
15. There is always an Spring Arts and Crafts Fair at Bernardo Winery Mother's Day weekend and it's the best. Love the winery and the entire setting.